Free Streaming Video
Fontana Regional Library offers access to streaming videos for all ages, for a variety of devices, and from a variety of sources.
Fontana Regional Library patrons can access our Kanopy Streaming Video Library which contains over 30,000 movies and documentaries, including must-see indie films and classic cinema, that you can stream on your computer or device using the Kanopy app. Find the free Kanopy app in the App Store on your device and login.
Each library card user is issued 10 play-credits a month. After using a play-credit, you can watch a film as many times as you'd like in a 3 day period. Teachers & Educators can also show Kanopy videos to their classes without concern. Kanopy videos can be watched in a group forum, as long as it's not for commercial benefit.
To start streaming from Kanopy:
- Sign up for a Kanopy account or login with with your Facebook or Google account at fontanalib.kanopystreaming.com
- Add your library card to your account. If you are not prompted to enter your information right away, look for the caution icon in the top-right and click the link to "Update your library card." You'll need your:
- Library Card Number (found on the back of your card)
- Library Password/PIN (this is the number or password you use to login to your online library account in the Online Catalog. If you need assistance or need your PIN reset, please call or visit your library.)
- Start Streaming! You can find videos by subject or search to filter by filmmakers, date, language, captioning and more.
Visit the Kanopy Help Center or contact your local library for assistance. Kanopy can be accessed on your computer in your web browser or the Kanopy App app is available for: