Please check the calendar on the home page of this website for holiday closings. In cases of inclement weather, operating hours may change. Please call the library for amended hours before visiting and check our regional closings page for the latest reports.
Fontana Regional Library (FRL) connects the six public libraries in Jackson, Macon, and Swain Counties into a system of libraries. All of the libraries in the FRL system have long and rich histories in their home communities. Uniting as a region enables our libraries to provide higher quality services and operate more effectively and efficiently than if each library stood alone.
How does Fontana Regional Library benefit you? We work behind the scenes to help your local library quickly and reliably get you the books, information, Web links, or other resources you need.
- Offers you the ability to borrow materials from any of the libraries in the Fontana Regional Library system. Our courier service delivers books to your home library within three days.
- Operates the Reading Rover, a preschool bookmobile and storytelling service
- Maintains an on-line catalog, which is available from any computer with Internet access.
- Prepares books and other materials for circulation
- Operates an automation system, which allows quick checkout
- Operates an electronic network and computer workstations, enabling you to access the Internet and allowing staff to communicate within the region
- Raises grant, corporate & private funding for projects that benefit library services throughout the region
- Provides administrative and financial services