Fontana Regional Library serving Jackson, Macon and Swain counties with six public libraries in Western North Carolina
|Search the Catalog My Account|
Director: Karen Wallace
©2005-13 Fontana Regional Library. All rights reserved
Fontana Regional Library connects the six public libraries in Jackson, Macon, and Swain Counties into a system of libraries. All of the libraries in the Fontana Regional Library system have long and rich histories in their home communities. Uniting as a region enables our libraries to provide higher quality services and operate more effectively and efficiently than if each library stood alone.
How does Fontana Regional Library benefit you?
We work behind the scenes to help your local library quickly and reliably get you the books, information, Web links, or other resources you need.
• Offers you the ability to borrow materials from any of the libraries in the Fontana Regional Library system. Our courier service delivers books to your home library within three days.
• Operates the Reading Rover, a preschool bookmobile and storytelling service
• Maintains an on-line catalog, which is available from any computer with Internet access.
• Prepares books and other materials for circulation
• Operates an automation system, which allows quick checkout
• Operates an electronic network and computer workstations, enabling you to access the Internet and allowing staff to communicate within the region
• Raises grant, corporate & private funding for projects that benefit library services throughout the region
• Provides administrative and financial services
Our Annual Report highlights the number of books and materials checked out, the number of programs and participants, and the various funding governments and organizations. However, in order to grow and better serve the public, we need additional contributions to our Endowment and Library Gift Fund. You may also contribute to support an individual library within the Fontana Regional Library system and The Reading Rover.
Long Range Plan
The library staff collects input from groups and individuals from around the three county region on an ongoing basis. Feedback from our public is used to establish service priorities.
Our primary service priorities are:
• Connect to the Online World: Public Internet Access
Our secondary service priorities are:
• Satisfy Curiosity: Lifelong Learning
Goals and objectives are developed within each of the service priorities which will meet the needs of our communities. In August of 2011, the Fontana Regional Library Board approved the latest revision of the Long Range Plan, which can be seen at 2011-2016 Long Range Plan. (pdf)
Internal Revenue Service Disclosure Forms
Administration: (L-R) Deb Lawley, Business Manager; Karen Wallace, Director; and Donna Rowland, Financial Assistant.
Web design — Deep Creek Arts